Sunday, August 31, 2014

My summer vacation

Yep I have an addiction....
Now don't quote me on this, but I think those of us brought up near the ocean have saltwater in our blood and if we do not get a yearly fix, something just doesn't work right.

Hence a 6:30 am bus ride to get my fix.

 SO thankfully the Usanov's live in Rijeka. They invited me to come stay over night (ok, maybe I did initiated the invite), but none of us regret our salty, slightly sunburned skin. A great way to end the summer!

A mari usque ad mare

Our own private peace of paradise....
 On day one we ventured, via a 20 minutes taxi ride, south of Rijeka.
For most of the day we had this slab all to ourselves.
Beautiful; the weather, the water, the view and the company.
Bonus; snorkeling - the water is super clear and filled with all kinds of pretty fish -
 I felt like I was snorkeling in an aquarium.

FYI: The beaches have no sand, either cement slabs, large boulders or killer rocks! but still so worth it. Just next time along with my water shoes I will bring something soft to lay on!

"The sea is clean and blue, the sun is drawn here and the beaches are ... diverse, large and noisy, small and secluded, pebbly, concrete, rocky, hidden..."   Rijeka Tourist Board

Ice bucket challenge on the Croatian coast
While I was there...
Sherri-Lynn and the girls helped me completed my Ice Bucket Challenge!

A pool with a view...
Day two we caught a bus going north...about 10 minutes and 5 stops up from the center, the walk down to the sea took us by this fabulous pool complex, which you could pay to swim at...
(Of course - we chose the  sea :-)
Day 2, my view at 4:00PM from (i think the name is) Ploče

Before hopping on the bus to Ploče, we hopped off in the center
where we had lunch and stumbled on a Festival.
Rijeka center - on the water.
After a hot shower and a nice dinner I caught the 8pm bus back to Zagreb, 
so much fun in the sun,
I slept, it's a 2.5 hour ride and the seats are very comfy!
Rijeka by bus from Zagreb

A nice 2 day vacation. 
I was treated as an honored guest, they even served GingerAle and starbucks!
do iduće godine. CC 8-2014

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Your summer vacation looks so fun. I definitely agree that those spots you took pictures of are little bits of paradise. I've never been to Rijeka, but I'm sure to put it on my bucket list of must visits. Thanks for sharing all about your adventure! All the best to you!

    Sabra Divis

    ReplyDelete