Monday, March 30, 2015

Easter - A Message of Hope


With Easter just around the corner, I was thinking of all the different cultures, customs and traditions... some religious, some celebrating spring, but not so many having anything to do with the resurrection of Jesus Christ -
which Easter celebrates -
which is the foundation of the Christian faith!
The resurrection established Jesus as the risen Son of God 
 God has given those that believe a new birth into a living hope through Jesus Christ. This was and still is God's plan.
It is the good news of the Bible for everyone that believes!

Jesus said in John 11:25 - "I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live"

Read the Gospel of Luke, chapter 24! on the 3rd day Jesus rose...just as he said.

It's what Jesus did, on the day we celebrate as Easter, that made it possible for me - on August 26, 1984- to enter into a personal relationship with the Holy God of the Bible. 
It's Jesus Christ's blood, His sacrificial death on the cross AND the fact that God rose Him from that death!


Nothing but the blood of Jesus!

   The blood of Jesus is salvation, healing, and eternal life.

 "If Christ not be risen, our faith is in vain" (1Corinthians 15:14)
"without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin." (Hebrews 9:22)




There is a saying "It is not easy to convey a sense of wonder, let alone resurrection wonder, to another",  and I think that may be true, YOU have to know for yourself, you cannot just participate in whatever customs and traditions set before you, nor just read the Bible passages...taste and see the Lord is good!

"that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation" Romans 10:9-10

That is worth celebrating!
Sretan Uskrs,
Christine

The Potter's House Church, Zagreb
Related post:
 April 2014 Easter 
Grand Opening CFC
Read your Bible
Preaching the Good News



Nothing But the Blood  { song written by Robert Lowry, 1876 }

What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Refrain:
Oh! precious is the flow That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know, Nothing but the blood of Jesus

For my pardon, this I see, Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
For my cleansing this my plea, Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Refrain

Nothing can for sin atone, Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
Naught of good that I have done, Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Refrain

This is all my hope and peace, Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
This is all my righteousness, Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Refrain

Now by this I'll overcome, Nothing but the blood of Jesus,
Now by this I'll reach my home, Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Refrain

Glory! Glory! This I sing, Nothing but the blood of Jesus
All my praise for this I bring, Nothing but the blood of Jesus


No comments:

Post a Comment