Saturday, September 13, 2014

I can see clearer now

Today is another milestone for us.
One year ago, September 2013, we moved here, to Croatia.
A look back on the past year
-the triumph of things achieved and the frustration of things not;
the great and the small,
some in victory and others in irritating defeat-

A year of walking, in the unfamiliar, by faith!



" Faith is not some weak, pitiful emotion but is strong and vigorous confidence built on the fact that God is Holy love. And even though you can't see Him right now and cannot understand what He is doing  -  You know Him "
Oswald Chambers


Now I have walked by faith more than half my life.


Yesterday I picked up my new eyeglasses, and I can not believe the difference! I can see clearer now. My old prescription was not only too weak, the anti-glare film inside the lens had broken down causing a blurriness. Oh they still worked. I still used them daily because without them, well it was real hard to see!
But I was constantly trying to wipe them clean(er).
Eye glasses are not cheap and sometimes you have to make due with what you do have, before you can replace them.

Spiritual glasses are free


This past year My faith has been sharped!
hummm, I think I had gotten lazy, Yes I have loved and trusted God. I am secure in His covenant relationship that can not be broken.
He is my alpha and omega!
But it just got easy to use my blurry glasses. things were very familiar, I was in established surroundings and I could relay on past experiences.
I got used to them and they still worked.
But spiritual blurry is no good, For this race, the finish line may be a long way off, I can get a lot further when I see clearly.
 So although there are times when I long for the familiar with an almost physical ache, I thank God he has used this time to make me grab hold of my spiritual glasses a fresh.




From the Message Bible: Philippians 3:12-17
Focused on the Goal
 "I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward––to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.
 So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision––you'll see it yet! Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it.
 Stick with me, friends. 
Keep track of those you see running this same course, headed for this same goal"

  In a race, it's easy to get tripped up it you can't see clearly.  
Therefore if your spiritual glasses are blurry, don't wait, don't make due...


"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and finisher of our faith..."
Hebrews 12:1

 
"I have fought the good fight, 
I have finished the race, 
I have kept the faith."
2 Timothy 4:7-9


No comments:

Post a Comment